Digital Illustrator, Graphic Designer, & Adobe Suite Expert
Emma K. O'Brien (EKO)
Talented artist experienced in narrative, decorative, and conceptual illustration as well as print and digital graphic design. I am a dedicated, efficient professional who meets established deadlines and expectations accordingly. I possess a conscientious spirit and a passion for collaborating with fellow creatives and teammates. I am always eager to learn new skills and improve my current abilities.
In addition to illustration and graphic design, I also specialize in logo design, layout design, social media management, photography and photo editing, sketching, sewing, and HTML.
Currently open to full time, remote work!
FREELANCE ARTIST & PROJECT MANAGER
- January 2011 – Current
- Develop materials for a variety of creative media based on customer defined parameters.
- Digital illustration
- Conceptual characters & environments
- Website design
- Physical & digital merchandise
- Serve as a creative lead, senior editor, and logistics organizer for various multimedia projects.
- Managing social media platforms (Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, TikTok)
- Develop marketing graphics
- Email solicitations
- Create spreadsheets,
- Provide training & constructive feedback
- Demonstrate strong written & verbal communication skills with customers & project collaborators.
EXPERT PRODUCTION ARTIST: CUSTOMINK
- January 2016 – May 2023 • Remote
- Customized customer-submitted designs to their specifications and ensured all designs are properly prepared for print using Adobe Suite.
- Redrawing faces, changing previous art based on feedback, recreating typography & logos, etc.
- Customers include small to large companies, charities, schools, & events.
- Collaborated with coworkers on a team to successfully complete each order.
- Focus on customer satisfaction, quality, and quantity of orders completed daily.
PRODUCT DESIGN INTERN: THE BRADFORD EXCHANGE
- May 2014 – August 2014 • Niles, IL
- Assisted in the process of editing and bringing products such as memorabilia & collectibles, home decor, jewelry & apparel, personalized gifts, & toys to a final design.
- Contributed both in decal design to send to vendors for production and advertising design to be put on the company’s website.
- Companies worked with include Disney, NFL, NCAA, Thomas Kinkade, & Precious Moments.
LEAD CARICATURE ARTIST: KAMAN'S ART SHOPPES, INC.
- March 2010 – August 2013 • Hershey, PA
- Trained as a caricature artist for on the spot requests.
- Helped with customer service & satisfaction, trained & interviewed over a dozen new employees, ordered supplies, both opened & closed shop daily, and handled money including picking up daily drawers & closing out register
Ringling College of Art & Design
BFA in Illustration
Graduated: May 2015
- Adobe Suite
- Google Suite
- Microsoft 365
- Windows OS
- Mac OS
- Zoom / Skype
- Adobe Design Achievement Award Semifinalist, Adobe
- President's List, Ringling College of Art & Design